Wednesday 15 June 2011

Songs I Never Get Sick of (Or Haven't Had a Chance to Yet)

Let me preface this by saying it is not a blog post. I'm at work. Therefore, it's part of my job.


I quit my job recently. It's something I recommend to everyone. I've done it twice in the past 10 months, I love it so much. In fact, I love it so much that my mother felt inclined to change her "About me" on Facebook from:

"... married to Jim (high-school sweetheart) for 29+ years. Two grown children, gainfully employed... "

 to:

"... married to Jim (high-school sweetheart) for 29+ years. Two grown children who are both contributing members to society..."

??

It stung.

Anyway, my last day is June 30th. My coping mechanism for an administrative desk job in an open concept workspace is headphones and music. As such, I have an incredibly lush, well organized (meaning I actually own the album artwork) music collection at work. It will all go down the tubes on June 30th. 

Yeah. It stings.

Now I'm in music limbo. I couldn't be bothered to download more music and allow it to suffer the same fate. By the same token, I've listened the shit out of the music that I already have. So,  this has motivated me to consider songs that I never get sick of. What do I already have that I still want to listen to?

Songs I Never Get Sick of (Or Haven't Had a Chance to Yet)

1. 40 Day Dream - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
2. Mescaline - Robert Francis
3. Jump - The Pointer Sisters
4. Call Your Girlfriend - Robyn (OK this is a lie. It's a new single, so I just started listening to it off the album I've had forever. But I don't listen to the radio, so, assuming I don't make too many trips to Urban Outfitters, I don't anticipate myself getting sick of this anytime soon. And I'll throw my full support behind any Swede who makes a comeback look so good. And who writes from the perspective of the other woman. Risky business, that.)
5. To the Dogs or Whoever - Josh Ritter
6. Last Kiss - J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers (childhood fave)
7. To Be Young - Ryan Adams
8. Summer Light - The Cave Singers
9. I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch) - Four Tops
10.Stacks - Bon Iver
11.Sail of the Silver Morning - Cotton Jones
12. VCR - The xx
13. Into the Mystic - Colin James
14. When The Stars Go Blue - Ryan Adams
15. You are the Best Thing - Ray Lamontagne


No comments: